HAT school and current role:
Hampton Gardens School – Director of English
Areas of educational expertise and experience:
Emma has been teaching for 11 years, with six of these having been spent at Hampton Gardens School as Director of English.
At a previous school, she set up Media Studies as a new A Level subject. She established the subject as a new two-person department and ran CPD after she had left the school to help with training for the new head of department. This experience has stood Emma in good stead for her current role, in establishing and growing the English department at Hampton Gardens. She has led the implementation of a diverse curriculum, which carries through from Year 7 and has now built up to Post 16, with 2 English A Levels currently being taught. The stimulating English curriculum was praised by Ofsted during the November 2021 inspection at Hampton Gardens.
Last year Emma started running The Brilliant Club Young Scholars Programme at Hampton Gardens in collaboration with Cambridge University. This is part of her whole school responsibilities for stretch and challenge. This responsibility has also given her experience in running whole school CPD and resulted in her forging links with NACE, as well as Fitzwilliam College Cambridge.
Additional affiliations and accreditations
- Links to NACE (National Association for Able Children)
- Currently enrolled on NPQSL with Teach First
- The Brilliant Club, in conjunction with Fitzwilliam College Cambridge
In-reach and outreach- support offered in the following areas:
- Teaching and learning and Curriculum development within English
- Establishing and leading a department
- Provision for More able and Talented pupils
- Middle leadership support and development
- Preparation for inspection/ Curriculum ‘deep dives’